Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Name

   My name is Rachelle and it comes from Rachel, which comes from Hebrew. Rachelle means female sheep, so I guess I taste delicious. People who are named Rachelle, are indescribable, perfect, beautiful, the most intelligent, kindest, caring and very thoughtful. However we do not like to be the center of attention and can sometimes hurt other people's feeling without meaning it. My name doesn't have any cultural significance because I'm Turkish Cypriot and it is derived from Hebrew.
   There really is no story behind my name. My dad thought of it because he read it in a magazine somewhere, told it to my mum, who loved it and there it was, my name! I wasn't named after anyone in my family, I was just named Rachelle because my parents liked the sound of it.
   I love my name. I do because it is so different, I don't think that there is anyone else on the island with the name Rachelle. It's so unique and uncommon, which is what a name is supposed to be. You are an individual and there is no one else like you, so I believe the same rule should be applied to your name. I mean who are you more likely to bump into, a Sarah or a Rachelle? I don't really know what I'd name my children. Probably it would be something very rare to have as a name, I don't mean to say that I'll name my kids Batman or The Hulk or something, but a name that nobody else has. Still, I'm not quite sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment